Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day 11: Thursday, February 3

I felt like I was beating my head against the wall for a few hours today at work, but I think I figured it out eventually.  The person whose cube I was borrowing is back from paternity leave, so I think I will have to find other arrangements.  The admin ordered me a “docking station”, but when I looked at the work order today (which I hadn’t seen before), I have this nasty feeling that I might get the docking station but not any of the stuff that makes it useful, like a monitor or keyboard.  We’ll see. 

I had leftovers for dinner, watched some ski jumping on TV, then left the TV on Eurosport while doing some Internet surfing.  Now billiards is on.  They’ve played a few different types of games, and it looks like sometimes the goal is to keep the balls out of the pocket.  Heck, I can do that!  (no, I’m sure it’s much more complicated than that ... if nothing else, the competitors are wearing bow ties, it must be fancy!) 

My second (and final) weekend is coming up.  I’m still thinking about what I might do this weekend.  It’s supposed to be about 50 deg F, which is really warm.  I might do some sightseeing in the towns around here, or I wonder if I can rent a bike somewhere and go for a ride?  I remember seeing a rack of them at work but I’m not sure how you get one ...

P.S. I figured out that I was watching a snooker tournament on TV, a form of billiards that's pretty popular in Europe.