Monday, February 7, 2011

Day 15: Monday, February 7

Not too much interesting today ... I had lunch with a marketing director who I used to work with in Minneapolis, and I found someone to give me a tour of the Medtronic manufacturing facility, which I’m really excited about.  Medtronic only has 2 production device manufacturing facilities worldwide (the other is in Puerto Rico), so it seemed like an opportunity I shouldn’t pass up.

I’m starting to wrap up my stay here – both from a work and home perspective.  What do I need to do before I leave?  Should I buy any more food?  Tomorrow, I need to figure out whether I can give the landlord my key on Friday night before I leave.  Otherwise, I need to haul my luggage to Medtronic and leave the key there – doable but less convenient.  The husband speaks English ok, but the wife doesn’t.  So, I figured out how to say “Can I leave the key here on Friday at 5pm?” just in case I talk to the wife tomorrow morning.

GO PACKERS!  (no, I did not get up in the middle of the night to watch the game)